Welcome to the official website of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Handtherapie, DAHTH e. V. Below you will find information about us as well as about the work we do.
The DAHTH was founded on May 6th, 1995 by doctors, occupational therapists and physiotherapists with the purpose of furthering research, distribution and quality management in the field of hand therapy. Today we have over 600 members.
As a full member of the international umbrella organizations for hand therapists (European Federation of Societies for Hand Therapy – EFSHT; International Federation of Societies for Hand Therapy – IFSHT) and a recognized nonprofit association the DAHTH officially represents Germany’s interests in the field of hand therapy. We also closely cooperate with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Handchirurgie (DGH).
The DAHTH’s main objective is to establish top quality hand therapy in Germany via:
- interdisciplinary exchange and contact with clinics and practices nationally as well as internationally
- close collaboration with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Handchirurgie (DGH)
- cooperating with the Deutscher Verein für Ergotherapeuten e. V. (DVE) on professional policies
- promoting communication between hand therapists and hand surgeons
- participating in defining evidence based treatment guidelines
- organizing interdisciplinary conferences
- standardization und quality management in hand therapeutic diagnosis and treatment
- conceptualization and establishing of internationally recognized additional qualifications for
occupational therapists and physiotherapists “hand therapist DAHTH”
- continuous advancement of the qualification “hand therapist DAHTH” in accordance with up-to-date scientific findings
In 2005 the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Handchirurgie (DGH) and the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Handtherapie e. V. (DAHTH) created the national advanced training program “hand therapist DAHTH”.
The intention behind the program was the fact that the success of many current surgical techniques as well as of conservative treatment options depends on qualified therapeutic aftercare by accordingly trained therapists. Due to the extensive and specific qualification measures a “hand therapist DAHTH” is able to meet those needs.
Our advanced training program as “hand therapist DAHTH” represents the current, internationally recognized standard concerning medical and therapeutic knowledge of the rehabilitation of dysfunctions of the human hand.
With the help of the map (link to the map) on our website you can find an overview of our specialized hand therapists, organized according to the appropriate German state.
For questions about us, a membership with the DAHTH e. V. or our training concept, please contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Board of management of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Handtherapie e. V.